- Conduct an annual drilling demonstration to provide training opportunities and encourage state regulatory personnel to visit work in progress
- Initiated a media campaign with television ads, newspaper articles and coupons, urging consumers to have a licensed member of the Wisconsin Water Well Association test their well
- Provide members with media kits that can be customized and distributed to their customers
- Sponsor Ground Water Awareness Week (Every March)
- Work with the WI DNR in providing continuing education classes to the industry
- Publish a newsletter providing technical and educational information, including changes in regulations to the industry
- Conduct an annual Ground Water Conference to heighten awareness of ground water issues and regulatory initiatives
- Commissioned the writing of a book, Well and Borehole Sealing: Importance, Materials, and Recommendations for Decommissioning
- Provide information to elementary classrooms and conducts classes promoting well water education with WWWA "Ground Water Basics" video
- Work with the WI DNR in the development of administrative rules affecting well construction and pump standards and the establishment of minimum levels of competency for parties engaged in these activities
- Fund the efforts of the American Ground Water Trust to develop and distribute information on ground water, including a ground water video about water wells to be used in classrooms, in workshops, and for the general public
- Work with other organizations and trade associations to develop a comprehensive approach to protecting Wisconsin's ground water
- Annually award Edwin Huntoon Scholarships– Over $10,000 in the last 4 years
- Retain a lobbyist for continuous legislative and regulatory coverage –2011 WI Act 150 Signed into Law. Legislation establishes new requirements for Geo-Thermal Drill Holes.
Lobbyist: Jeffrey J Beiriger, Association/Management Services, Inc.
P - 414/331-2059
- Representation on the WI DNR Advisory Board
- Maintain a state of the art website, which enables the consumer to search by county for well drillers and pump installers
- Annual bowling tournament at Ground Water Conference.
For more information on the Wisconsin Water Well Association, contact our Association office at 608-326-0935.